Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And the winner is...

This week's winning entry in our Getting By contest was submitted by Bryana. Her story, Daycare or Rent, won because it was definitely innovative and shows how creative we can be in order to "get by."

We'll be sending Bryana an autographed copy of Gotta Keep on Tryin'. Congratulations Bryana!


Remember to send us your "Getting By" stories to mybrokestory@gmail.com or comment here on the Getting By blog entry.



Next week's contest ends Tuesday, March 24 and the winner will be announced on Wednesday March 25.

(And we're still collecting Broke Stories too!)



Daycare or Rent?

My broke story is simple. I realized that I didn't have enough money in the bank to cover rent and daycare. I had previously asked my landlords for a deduction in rent. Who does that??? They graciously agreed and I could not go back to them and tell them that I had to be late or didn't have the money. I remembered in my child care contract that I received 2 weeks per year where I didn't have to pay for childcare, so I scheduled a vacation from work and daycare because I couldn't afford day care. Not that I didn't enjoy spending time with my little one, but I took the vacation because I couldn't afford to work and I couldn't afford daycare...it was inventive, but PRAISE God I had the option.

Bryana

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by DeBerry and Grant at 2:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://sisterstalk.com/blackblogs/links.php
Blog search directory Promote Your Blog


Literature Blogs - Blog Top Sites